Please read and acknowledge the Privacy Notice and Acceptable Use Policy below before proceeding into the Lands Registry System.
By entering this system, I acknowledge the following:
- I understand that all personal information I provide in this system is protected
under the Privacy Act.
By agreeing to the terms of this Notice and Policy, I understand I am contributing
the following personal information:
- My contact information, that I enter and update myself, that will be visible to
other users of the system.
- Audit Trail information on my activities on the system, which is automatically collected
on all system actions, and visible to the system manager and other administrators
of the system.
- Session cookies may be stored on my workstation to enable the secure service to
recognize me throughout the course of a particular session. These cookies are no
longer used after my session is complete (i.e., I have logged off or disconnected.)
I understand that any personal information collected through these means will be
used only for the following purposes:
- To comply with basic records and information management policies of the department
for effective record keeping.
- To provide support to me and other participants on the system in the case that we
encounter technical or other problems using the system.
- To enable the project administrator to moderate work processes and monitor for inappropriate
use of the service.
I understand that all information I provide through my contributions to the AANDC
Land Registry will be stored on an AANDC server and the records will become the property
of AANDC. The records will be managed according to departmental information management
policies. This includes all applicable Privacy and Access to Information legislation.
The records will be retained for the life of the Registry.
Acceptable Use Policy
I also agree to abide by the following Acceptable Use Policy:
- The AANDC Land Registry is for authorized business use only.
- The system may be accessed by authorized participants only.
- Participants will protect and not share their credentials (user ID, password, etc.)
with others or allow records of their credentials to be viewed by unauthorized individuals.
- Information registered in the system is public information. Participants agree to
not enter private or confidential information in the system.
- Participants will protect and manage information obtained from the system to prevent
- Participants will access the service from personal or organizational workstations
that are not intended for public use. This is intended to reduce the likelihood
that user credentials or other sensitive information could be cached on the workstation
and accessed by unauthorized individuals.